a house that has been inhabited for a certain period of time that may have more members or want to have more usable space as needed causing the need to expand the area Then if you want to add or expand to have space to support the needs of use Must take into account the correct construction principles according to construction principles and laws. Including the safety of both residents and surrounding neighbors as well
Home repairs: what do you need to know?
What types of home improvements do not require permission and what types of home improvements require permission?
Adding a house without permission
- The “increase” or “reduce” the area of any one floor in total, not more than 5 square meters, and there is no increase or decrease in the number of columns or beams.
- The “increase” or “reduce” the total area of the roof not exceeding 5 square meters and without increasing or decreasing the number of pillars or beams.
- Change of building structure by using the same material, size, number and type as the original
- Change any part of the house that is not part of the building structure. by using the same material as the original or other materials that do not increase the weight of the original building structure by more than 10% of the original weight
- Change, addition, addition, reduction of any area in the house that is not part of the building structure. and does not increase the weight of the structure more than 10% of the original building structure
Adding a house that requires a permit
- An “increase” or “reduce” the area of any one floor altogether more than 5 square meters or more. All permission required
- Change any part of the house with different materials. or increase the weight more than 10% of the original weight, must ask for permission
- Single-family homes must have 30% of the land surrounding the house.
- Townhouse There must be a space in front of the house in the distance of 3 meters, the back of the house must have a distance of 2 meters.
- Renovating rooms with windows, doors, balconies or vents The wall on that side must be more than 3 meters from the fence (only applicable to buildings with a height between 9 – 23 meters).
Documents used for applying for a home improvement permit
- Application for permission to build a building Modify or demolish buildings
- number house plan Shows the style of the region to be modified.
- A copy of the identity card of the person who wants to apply for an extension
- A copy of the house registration of the person who wants to renovate the house
- Copy of land title deed, life size
In the case of a house to be added in any part that is adjacent to the neighboring house or the land next to the house on the opposite side Additional documents must be prepared.
- A copy of the ID card of the owner of the neighboring land
- A copy of the house registration of the neighboring owner
- A copy of the original land title deed
- Letter of consent to build a building close to the land area
Procedures for applying for a home improvement permit
- Contact the local officer at the house to be renovated.
- Submit an application according to the request form for permission to add a house, modify a building, demolish a building as required by law, together with important documents.
If the documents submitted are correct And complete, the local official will review and issue a permit. Once licensed The licensee must have a letter notifying the name of the work supervisor. with the start and end date of operations Let the local officials know before starting work.
However, if there are plans to renovate the house It is advisable to ask for permission first every time. For the safety of both property, members of the house, neighbors around And also prevent being prosecuted as well
for Thai people abroad who need to apply for a loan for extension or repair
You can inquire directly about credit information Line @sungateway
or website : amazingthaiproperty
Reference: genie property